Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) has been established to gather the finest medical students from all over the Globe. The Vanier CGS treats students holding doctoral degrees or (combination of MA/PhD or MD/ PhD). The Scholarships carry a mission to construct Canada as the heart of research and higher learning. It proves to be a very healthy opportunity for determined students with ambitious dreams. So Grab your tickets Doctors-to-be.
Institutions which pledged to host Vanier CGS are all Canadian Universities which are granted with Vanier CGS along with eligible Canadian Institutions that submitted their nomination.
FIELD(S) OF STUDY:
Vanier CGS offers:
- PhD programmes (or combinations of MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in Health Sciences
- PhD programmes (or combinations of MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in Engineering research or Natural Sciences
- PhD programmes (or combinations of MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in Social Sciences or Humanities Research.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
167 scholarships are Annually granted.
Students to be preferred are:
- Citizens of Canada.
- Permanent residents of Canada or Other Foreign cities.
VALUE AND DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
The scholarships are worth $50,000 per year for Three years.
Vanier CGS considers students fulfilling the following requirements:
Applicant must be nominated by only one Canadian University which must have been granted a Vanier CGS quota.
- Applicant must continue his/her first medical degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) which must have a significant Research Component. Take notice of that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Applicants must intend to continue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the respective institution. Notice that only PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Applicants must have not completed more 20 months of Medical studies.
- Applicants must attain a first-class average, as determined by their respective institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Applicants should be encouraged to contact their institution for its explanation of a first-class average.
- Applicants must not bear, or have borne, a doctoral-level scholarship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to complete a Doctoral degree.
Before November 1, 2017.
The course will begin from May/September 2018.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applicants must be assigned by only one Canadian institution carrying the Vanier CGS quota. It is to be noted that Applicants cant apply directly to Vanier CGS.
Applicants must prepare the application by themselves and deliver it to their respective institutions by their internal deadline. The institutions then forward the recommended applications to the Vanier Secretariat by 1st November, 2017.
Applicants are suggested to visit the official site to access the accurate or official application form (link given below). Good Luck!