All gratitude to The Japanese Ministry of education for arranging a number of scholarships for Undergraduate foreign students, who wish to study as undergraduate students under the roof of Japanese universities.
Universities in Japan will be hosting the students.
FIELD(S) OF STUDY:
International students who wish to get themselves enrolled for an undergraduate degree must choose a major from the following major fields:
- Natural Sciences.
- Social Sciences.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
Entrants holding nationality of Countries which are in a political relation with Japan, are to be preferred the most.
VALUE AND DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- Along with the scholarships, tuition fees and other expenses worth 117,000 yen per month, with 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be granted to those undertaking research work or studies in special designated areas in Japan.
- Expenses of travelling from or to Japan will also be granted.
- The duration is of Five years from April 2018 to March 2023, with an extra year for preparatory purposes for studies in Japanese.
Students to attain eligibility must reach to the following requirements:
- NATIONALITY: Students must hold Nationality of any other country which is in good political relation with Japan. Nationals of Japan are ineligible. However, if an entrant holds dual Nationality(With Nationality of Japan being one of the Nationalities). In that case, the entrant is only eligible if he/she chooses the foreign Nationality and disposes the nationality of Japan at the time of submission of the application.
- AGE: Entrants must have been born between 2nd April, 1996- 1st April, 2001.
- ACADEMIC BACKGROUND: For enrollment the respective entrant must be done with 12 years of school education before applying. Must have completed an educational course equivalent to High school. For further details check out their official website mentioned below.
- JAPANESE LANGUAGE: It would be highly appreciated if students show interest in Japanese language, their customs and culture. Students should carry out their academic studies in Japanese and must show interest in the benefits of the Country
- VISA APPLICATION: Students should apply for “Student” visa for entering in the country.
For further details consult the official site.
HOW TO APPLY?
Entrants must submit their application to the Japanese embassy in their country. The due date is no specified as it varies from country to country, depending on the embassy.
For details consult the official site and go through http://www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/mofaserv.html Good Luck! fellows